Our Sleep Apnea Treatment for State College, PA
Welcome to State College Dental Sleep Medicine! Dr. Donald M. Marks and his team have years of training and experience in treating those patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. Dr. Marks is uniquely qualified to offer patients relief from the symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea using comfortable, custom oral appliance therapy.
In most cases, patients never think of contacting their dentist for sleep apnea treatment, but an oral appliance is often the simplest and most effective solution. Dentists have advanced training in how the face, sinus passages, mouth, throat, and other areas work together, making us uniquely qualified to offer relief. Contact us to schedule a consultation or find out more if you experience any of the common warning signs of sleep apnea, including:
Loud snoring on a daily basis that may disrupt a bed partner, annoy family members, or even awaken you from sleep.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness/exhaustion, especially if you begin falling asleep while at rest (sitting, working, reading, watching TV, etc).
- Experiencing morning headaches, earaches, neck pain, or dry mouth frequently.
- Frequent waking throughout the night or difficulty falling asleep
- Waking out of breath, gasping, or wheezing.
- Bed partners observing that patients stop breathing while sleeping.
- Changes in mood or behavior, difficulty concentrating, or memory loss.
In addition to these warning signs, certain patients are at an increased risk for sleep apnea. Males over the age of 50 should take special note if they display any of these symptoms, as they are the most likely to suffer from sleep apnea. Obese patients, patients with high blood pressure, and patients with a thick neck circumference may also be at an elevated risk for sleep apnea.